The Aina pattern includes two variations: Classic trousers with a slightly tapered ankle- length leg, and trendy culottes. Both of these lightly fitted trousers have a high rise, fly zipper closure, front pockets and patch pockets in the back. The front waist is finished with a classic and clean waistband with a decorative button closure at the sides. The back waist has a relaxed elastic detail, making the trousers more comfortable and easier to fit. Either variation can be sewn with or without the decorative top-stitchings.
Skill level: Intermediate
Sizes: EUR 23-56/ US 0-24/ UK 4-28
Materials & supplies
- Pocket bag fabric, 35 cm (3/8 yd)
- Fusible interfacing, 35 cm (3/8 yd)
- Zipper, sizes 32–42: 18 cm (7”), sizes 44–66: 20 cm (8”)
- 5 cm (2”) elastic band: see the fabric requirement table
- Large button or jeans button, 1 pc
- Medium-size buttons or snap fasteners, 4 pcs
- (Topstitching thread)
Choose a light to medium weight non-stretch trousering, or a fabric with approximately 5-10% stretch. Linen, hemp and cotton trousering, as well as a light denim are all good options. The sample trousers were made in the MERI rescue hemp fabric ( https://www.namedclothing.com/products/meri-rescue-hemp).