PLEASE NOTE: this pattern is a digital (PDF) sewing pattern.Charlie is an adorable retro tunic with a modern twist for boys or girls! Facings at the neck, vents, and cuffs showcase your favorite prints, and the hidden sleeve facings allow for an adjustable sleeve length so the tunic can grow with your little one.
This 35-page sewing pattern eBook (PDF) includes:
- six sizes from 12 months to 5T.
- thorough step-by-step instructions with full-color photographs and plenty of tips and hints.
- additional instructions for a short-sleeved Charlie Tunic.
- full-sized pattern pieces including seam allowances.
Try the Charlie Dress Add-On for even more possibilities!You will need:
- Woven fabric for main tunic: 1 yd for 12 mo-3T / 1.25 yds for sizes 4-5
- Fat quarter or 1/3 yard of coordinating woven fabric for facings
- Optional: Interfacing, if you use a very lightweight material such as gauze or other sheer fabric for the facings.
- Two buttons
- Marking pen
Recommended fabrics: linen/tencel blends, shirtings, or other lightweight cotton or linen materials. The more drape your fabric has, the more movement the tunic will have when worn, so quilting cotton may make this a little stiff, but some of the lighter-weight quilting cottons will work fine.
The Charlie Tunic has been featured in the following posts on my blog:
Charlie Tunic PDF Sewing Pattern is Here!
Charlie Pullover Tunic
More Charlie Tunics
Charlie with Short Sleeves
Short-sleeve Charlie in Action
Striped Double Gauze Outfit for Stylo
Free Charlie tutorial:
Adding A Button Placket