Note: This is a digital (PDF) sewing pattern.
A classic and sophisticated tote featuring waxed canvas. This simple and elegant tote will look great with anything and will keep your must-have essentials close at hand. A divided front pocket is perfect for stashing keys and a phone. Don't let the name fool you, this tote is great in all types of fabrics (see recommended fabrics below)!
- divided front pocket
- interior slip pocket
- tips for working with waxed canvas
- links for sources
Approximately 13” W, 15” H, 3” deep
Requirements based on 44”-wide fabric.
- 3/4 yard exterior fabric
- 1 yard lining fabric (non-directional)
- 1/2 yard contrast bottom fabric
- 2 1/4 yards fusible woven interfacing (Pellon SF101 - 20" wide)
- (2) 1”-wide leather handles or cotton webbing, 28” long
- Optional: (3) 8-9 mm double cap rivets and setting tool
Waxed canvas for contrast bottom. Cotton or blended canvas, waxed canvas, denim, wool, twill, home dec for Exterior and Lining.
*If substituting regular canvas for contrast bottom, additional interfacing may be needed for desired structure (½ yard of byAnnie’s Soft and Stable recommended).
Additional supplies + tools:
Polyester thread, chalk or water-soluble pen, cutting mat, ruler, rotary cutter, turning tool, size 14 or 16 denim needle.