Adeline is a wrap dress and top pattern designed for woven fabrics. Featuring dramatic diagonal pleats in the front and back, this is a wrap dress with a twist.
Choose your level of detail, with either a shawl collar or a plain neckline. The sleeves come in short and 3/4 length, and can be plain, or pleated. Make the knee-length dress (which includes the option of in-seam pockets), or go for the top view with a peplum.
The tie closure makes it easy to wear and easy to sew - no buttons or zips! The detailed instructions will walk you through every step to a beautiful finish.
Your fabric choice will make all the difference. Go for an understated look with chambray or linen, or bring out the elegance with a flowing rayon or silk.
Update:The Adeline pattern now has a free sleeveless bodice included! Read the blog post announcement about it here.
What you get:
This product is a digital download and includes printable PDFs of the pattern in both A0 (for large format printing at copy shops), and A4/US Letter size (for printing at home).
Included with the pattern is a fully illustrated instruction booklet with step by step directions to achieving sewing success.
- Your PDF files are layered! You can choose to print only the sizes you need.
- The adjustable wrap style means the fit is adaptable to your shape and comfort level, while the draped diagonal pleats work for lots of body types without the need for complex adjustments.
- Learn how to sew a shawl collar and a bias facing, with step by step instructions and diagrams.
- Grow your skills! The pleated sleeve option features interesting pleats that are then sewn into a dart, which will make you feel so clever.
Adeline is designed for light to medium weight non-stretch wovens with good drape. Cotton, viscose/rayon, silk, wool, and linen are all ideal. Try a chambray or linen for a casual feel, or go more dressy with a silk crepe de chine or swishy rayon.
- Shawl collar and pleated sleeve views: 0.7m (0.8 yards) of lightweight woven fusible interfacing.
- Plain neckline view: A small amount of lightweight fusible interfacing. You may use pre-made fusible tape, or cut your own (1cm / 3/8” wide).
Below are the maximum requirements for the length of fabric needed. These are calculated using the longest sleeve and the shawl collar view.
Allow extra fabric if lengthening the skirt.
Adeline is suitable for intermediate sewers, but confident beginners can sew this pattern too. For an easier sewing experience, pick a more stable fabric and go for the simpler sewing options such as the plain neckline and plain sleeves.
- Available in sizes 28 - 48.
- Our model wears a size 34.
- Forget-me-not patterns are designed for a height of 5’6” (168cm).