Inbhir Nis is the Scottish Gaelic for Inverness, a small city in Scotland; and can be pronounced in a variety of ways depending on where your accent is from, but let us use 'Inyerneesh' as our pronounciation.
The Inbhis Nis is a sleeveless trench with removable A-line cape coming in 2 collar variations. As the cape is removable you can wear the Inbhir Nis as a simple sleeveless trench coat for when the cape is a little too dramatic for your wardrobe.
- V1 has a dramatically large grown on collar, which includes a style line on the pattern if you want to convert it to a contrast top collar or reduce the front placket bulk when using heavier weight fabrics.
- V2 is an open collar and easily hackable if you want to introduce other collar styles.
There is a generous amount of ease on the fit and a tie wrap belt to cinch you in at the waist line. The cape itself is an A-Line style with fitted shoulders, pockets in the bottom front panels, and an inverted back pleat to give you a little more movement in the garment.
- US: 2 to 14
- UK: 6 to 18
- EUR: 34 to 46
- See finished garment picture for additional measurements
Wools, wool blends, tweeds, and boucle. Midweight suiting, jacketing, twills, structured wovens. Very light weight fabrics are not recommended however could be used on V2 open collar.
Lining: standard lining fabrics, acetate, cottons, cotton lawns etc.
- 8 X buttons, 6 for trench front & 2 for cape fastening.
- Optional: interfacing, especially if using light weight fabric for trench.
- Tailor's ham - not 100% necessary, but you'd find it helpful, pressing the cape shoulder seams open. You could always make one using your scraps!
With your pdf pattern you will get:
- Instruction Booklet - printing optional
- A0 Pattern Copy for copyshop printing
- A4 & US Letter Pattern Copy for printing at home
- Home printing includes a file to print the pieces in all versions, a file for V1 pieces and a file for V2 pieces so that you don't over print paper you don't need.