Iris is a t-shirt pattern designed for knit fabrics which is easy to sew and easy to wear! If you want to stick with a classic basic, there are plain sleeve options in short and three-quarter lengths. But if you crave something just a little more interesting, there are two pleated options for the sleeves. Both pleat designs feature cleverly intersecting pleats which are surprisingly simple to sew. Iris features a classic women’s t-shirt fit which includes waist shaping without being clingy. The neckline is a classic crew neck.
All sorts of knits work for this design. Emphasize the sculptural details of the pleats in a double knit, or let them drape in a slinky viscose. Or simply sew a classic tee with plain sleeves in a classic cotton t-shirting!
What you get:
This product is a digital download and includes printable PDFs of the pattern in both A0 (for large format printing at copy shops), and A4/US Letter size (for printing at home).
Included with the pattern is a fully illustrated instruction booklet with step by step directions to achieving sewing success.
- Your PDF files are layered! You can choose to print only the sizes you need.
- Learn to sew two different types of clever pleated detail, with step by step diagrams to make it simple.
- Learn about the different ways knits can be sewn with the knit fabric sewing tips found in the instruction booklet.
Light to medium-weight knit fabrics with at least 10% horizontal stretch. Both two-way stretch and four-way stretch fabrics are suitable.
The dusky pink tee is made in an organic cotton jersey, and the purple tee is made in organic cotton interlock.
A small amount of lightweight fusible interfacing. You may use pre-made fusible tape, or cut your own (1cm/3/8” wide).
Below are the maximum requirements for the length of fabric needed. Allow extra fabric if lengthening the top, or matching a large print. Because knit fabric doesn’t generally come narrower than 140cm/55” wide, only one width is shown in the chart.
Iris uses standard techniques for sewing knit garments. Each step of the way you will be guided by thorough illustrations and explanations, making this a great pattern for learning along the way. The pleated sleeves are achievable for beginners and are a great way for them to grow their confidence.
- Available in sizes 28 - 48.
- Our model wears a size 34.
- Forget-me-not patterns are designed around an averagely curvy figure with a B-cup bust and a height of 5’6” (168cm). Iris is designed with negative ease in the bust for a fitted silhouette.