Lola is a loose-fitting blouse and dress pattern with a cut-on (kimono) sleeve and side bust dart. The back features a yoke with an inverted box pleat. The yoke sports the option of a petite ruffle for a little bit of fun!
The silhouette of the dress is slightly A-line, skimming the hips without lots of fullness. The blouse features side splits and a shirt-style rounded hem at the back. For the dress, you can opt for the loose silhouette, or cinch in the waist with the included tie belt. There are two neckline options; a scoop neck, or a boat neck, each with their own sewing instructions. There are also optional in-seam pockets for the dress.
Lola is a low-fuss pattern, with no need for zips or closures! It also includes three different bust sizes so you can get your best fit.
This is the perfect pattern for sewing with sheers and lightweight fabrics, with a generously detailed set of extra techniques for an elegant finish.
What you get:
This product is a digital download and includes printable PDFs of the pattern in both A0 (for large format printing at copy shops), and A4/US Letter size (for printing at home).
Included with the pattern is a fully illustrated instruction booklet with step by step directions to achieving sewing success.
- Your PDF files are layered! You can choose to print only the sizes you need.
- There are three different bust sizes available within the pattern so you can get the fit that works for you!
- Learn fine hemming techniques for lightweight and sheer fabrics with step by step instructions and diagrams.
- Two different neckline styles are included, each with their own specific sewing method so you can get the best result.
Lola is designed for lightweight non-stretch wovens with good drape. Suitable fabrics include lightweight chambray, voile, challis, double gauze, and lightweight crepe, through to sheers such as chiffon and georgette. For a dressy version, try silk crepe de chine, satin, or lace. This pattern is suitable for directional prints. For the ruffle view, only use fabrics with an attractive wrong side, as it may show.
Allow extra fabric for directional prints or if lengthening the skirt. Smaller sizes and the smaller bust options take up less space, so you will be able to use less fabric if the front and back pieces can fit across one width of fabric.
Lola is suitable for intermediate sewers, but confident beginners can sew this pattern too. For an easier sewing experience, pick a more stable fabric.
- Available in sizes 28 - 48.
- Forget-me-not patterns are designed for a height of 5’6” (168cm).
- Our model wears a size 40 with the Full bust fit style. The dress is the boat neck view, while the blouse is the scoop neck view.