Lulu is a close-fitting cardigan with princess seams for knit fabrics. Perfect for layering or wearing alone, the Lulu can be styled up with trousers or a skirt for dressier occasions, or down with jeans or leggings for a sportier look.
VERSION A is a cropped, bomber-style zip-up cardigan featuring a ribbed hem band and sleeve cuffs.
VERSION B is a peplum cardigan with snap or button closures and hemmed sleeves.
TECHNIQUES COVERED IN THIS PATTERN:
- Sewing with knits
- Installing a zipper
- Sewing princess seams
Intermediate or Advanced Beginner
Medium to heavyweight knit fabric, such as double knit, ponte or scuba knit. Some lighter weight knits with decent recovery can be used, such as baby french terry or athletic fabric, and stretch lace or velvet are also beautiful options! Jersey knits or knits with rayon or linen blends are not recommended.
RIBBING (VERSION A): 1x1 or 2x2 knit ribbing for cuffs, hem band, and neck binding. These pieces can also be cut from your main fabric, but the neck binding may need to be cut from a larger size to accomodate lower stretch percentage.
- ZIPPER (VERSION A): 14" (36 cm) to 18" (46 cm) lightweight separating jacket zipper (#3 size recommended). See size chart on page 2 for exact lengths per size.
- SNAPS (VERSION B): 7 to 8 snap fasteners, size 7/16" (1.1 cm) (decorative pearl snaps or similar recommended)
Women’s sizes 0-28 with option for B, C, D, or E Cup bust sizes. (See pictures for sizing and yardage requirements.)
See chart in pictures.
English with metric and imperial measurements provided.
FILES INCLUDED IN DOWNLOAD:
- Instruction Booklet
- Print-at-home pattern (US Letter and A4) (Includes all bust sizes)
- Copyshop Universal Pattern Files (A0 size)
- Copyshop B, C, D, and E Cup pattern files (24”x36”)