Nellie is a high rise utility jogger-style pants or shorts pattern featuring a fly front closure, patch pockets, and athleisure-inspired "racing stripe" along the side leg. With flat front and back elastic facing waistbands, these pants offer a sophisticated spin on a classic, comfy style. You can dress them up with heels and a nice blouse or dress them down with a t-shirt and sneakers.
VERSION A is an ankle length pant with elasticized leg opening
VERSION B is a shorts style with a 5 inch (~13 cm) inseam.
TECHNIQUES COVERED IN THIS PATTERN:
- Zippered fly construction
- Installing waistband facings
- Inserting elastic into casings
- Attaching patch pockets
- Decorative topstitching
Intermediate to Advanced
Medium weight woven fabrics. For a more structured pant, use fabrics like linen or chambray. For a more fluid drape, use fabrics like tencel twill, viscose blends or rayon.
- The olive green shorts were made with viscose linen noil from Sister Mintaka fabrics.
- The patterned joggers with the green stripe were made with lyocell viscose twill from Sister Mintaka fabrics.
- The red-orange shorts were made with linen rayon blend fabric from Joann Stores.
- The light green joggers were made from tencel twill from Joann Stores.
- (1) #3 nylon or lightweight metal zipper (see sizing and yardage on page 2 for suggested zip lengths per size)
- (2) sew-on hook and bar pants closure sets
- 2" (5 cm) wide elastic (see sizing and yardage on page 2 for suggested elastic lengths per size)
Women’s U.S. sizes 0-30 (See below for sizing and yardage requirements.)
See chart in pictures.
English with metric and imperial measurements provided.
FILES INCLUDED IN DOWNLOAD:
- Instruction Booklet (26 pages)
- Print-at-home pattern (US Letter and A4) (50 pages with print guide and size layers so you only have to print what you need)
- Copyshop pattern files - A0 Size, 2 sheets for Version A Joggers, 1 sheet for Version B Shorts