The Sabrina pencil skirt is here to help you get your dream fit! It contains three versions, that have each been lovingly engineered from the ground up for different figure types. The shaped style lines contour the skirt to the body, but Sabrina also features darts which other patterns often lack, giving you amazing control over the fit wherever you need it.
The Sabrina pencil skirt features flattering curved style lines and has a waist facing, invisible zip closure, and kick pleat. Separate pattern pieces are included for an optional full lining. Sabrina has a classic tailored fit with minimal ease, and sits above the knee.
Make a classic your way! The curved seams are a perfect opportunity to play with colour blocking, flat piping, or stripes and plaids. Sabrina can pair with a t-shirt for a more casual everyday look, or go glam with a fancy blouse. With all the tools to create your amazing fit, Sabrina will be your new favourite wardrobe staple!
What you get:
This product is a digital download and includes printable PDFs of the pattern in both A0 (for large format printing at copy shops), and A4/US Letter size (for printing at home).
Included with the pattern is a fully illustrated instruction booklet with step by step directions to achieving sewing success.
- Learn ready-to-wear sewing techniques to sew a fully-lined kick pleat, or choose the easier version for a quicker, simpler sew.
- Learn a fashion industry facing technique for the perfect zip finish!
- There are video tutorials to sew along with, so for any confusing steps, just follow along! You can also find our extra tips and tutorials on fitting and sewing this pattern at our Sabrina page.
- Your PDF files are layered! You can choose to print only the sizes you need.
Sabrina is designed for non-stretch wovens. Suiting fabrics, medium-weight wools, cottons, and linens are good choices. Although it is designed for non-stretch wovens, you can also use wovens with stretch. This pattern is suitable for stripes and directional prints . Note: when cutting on different grainlines to achieve effects with stripes or plaids, this may change the fit of the garment.
For lining fabrics, choose lightweight slippery fabrics such as acetates, rayons, silks, or polyesters.
.3m of lightweight woven fusible interfacing.
Thread, invisible zip (10”/25cm to 12”/30cm).
Allow extra fabric for directional prints or if cutting creatively with stripes.
Sabrina is suitable for intermediate sewers, but can be tailored to your skill level. For a simpler sew, you can omit the lining. If sewing the lining, the pattern comes with fully illustrated instructions for easy and advanced ways of sewing the kick pleat. Each step of the way you will be guided by thorough illustrations and explanations, making this a great pattern for learning along the way. You can also find our extra tips and tutorials on fitting and sewing this pattern at our Sabrina page.
- Available in sizes 28 - 48.
- The model in the grey skirt wears a size 34 in the "mid" fit style.
- The model in the pink skirt wears a size 38 in the "straight" fit style.
- Finally, an easier way to get your dream fit! Sabrina comes in three different fits, each designed for different hip-to-waist ratios. The straight fit has a 14cm (5 1/2”) difference between waist and hip, the mid has a 28cm (11”) difference, and the curvy fit has a 36cm (14”) difference. Please note, in this case, “curvy” does not refer to plus size, simply the proportions of the body.
- Forget-me-not patterns are designed for a height of 5’6” (168cm).